Monday, March 26, 2007

Where to Pee when on the road!

If you're like me, you often can't go on a simple car ride with out having to stop and pee at least once along the way. I was bad before I got pregnant, but now I'm horrible. My poor husband, what was once a simple hour and fifteen minute car ride to his parents has become the ride from hell! I always make sure I go right before we leave. Somewhere around 45 minutes into the ride I'll say something like "I'm going to have to take a bathroom break sometime in the near future." He will then ask how long I can hold out. The answer used to be 5-10 minutes, sometimes even more. These days its getting to the point of, "Oh, that bush on the side of the freeway looks good!" Okay, I haven't actually got to that point yet, but I can feel it coming. Instead it's, when is the next exit. So last weekend I had to stop at some exit we had never used before. My choices were a Jack in the Box, and a Chevron Station. I chose the Jack in the Box, and was quite suprised. Not only was it clean and well stocked, there was an actual live plant in the womens room! Very nice extra touch. I will almost with out a doubt choose a fast food restaruant over a gas station. They are usually cleaner, tend to have multiple stalls, and don't require a key or gas purchase to get it. The only exception to my gas station rule is when there are several large, well known gas stations in the same area. These will normally have very nice bathrooms, I think they compete with eachother. Of course, sometimes you have no choice. Last summer we went to Reno, and I had to use a scary gas station bathroom somewhere on I-80. That was not a fun experience, but I survived. ( I also always have instant hand sanitizer in my purse, and usually kleenex or a napkin or something, just in case) So, when in doubt, opt for fast food. Besides, then you can always grab a soda to go!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

You crack me up Sarah! Just wait till your 9 months and you'll be going every 20-30 minutes. I basically refuse to leave my house since i hate public restrooms.

I hope you can stay away from the bushes!